Crown Chakra Yoga Poses
The crown chakra resides at the top of the head. Associated with spiritualism and enlightenment, the crown, or seventh, chakra links individual consciousness with universal consciousness. Also known as the Sahasrara chakra, it is represented by a 1,000-petal lotus and the colors violet and white. Sahasrara governs your intuition, connection to the spiritual, and links you to the universal life force energy. When the crown chakra is balanced, you are thoughtful, open-minded, and feel at ease and in harmony with the world around you.
Basic Yoga Poses For The Crown Chakra
All yoga asanas improve your body’s flexibility, stamina, and strength. Originating from the Sanskrit word asanam, meaning “seated posture,” asanas for the Sahasrara chakra nurture your connection to the universal life force that flows through all of creation.
Although meditation is widely considered the best yoga practice for opening and balancing the crown chakra, there are several asanas that help boost healing of the seventh chakra.
To open and balance the crown chakra, introduce inverted, seated, and restorative yoga poses. Here are some examples of beneficial yoga postures for the Sahasrara chakra:
- Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana) — This advanced pose nourishes the head with oxygen and blood to help open, balance, and soothe the crown chakra.
- Plow (Halasana) — As this inverted position stretches the spine and shoulders, it helps soothe and balance the seventh chakra.
- Supported Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana) — Good for toning the lower part of the body, this inversion helps alleviate depression while balancing and calming the crown chakra.
- Lotus (Padmasana) — The seated Lotus pose stimulates the spine and core while balancing and calming the seventh chakra.
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana) — By stretching the spine and shoulders, this seated posture helps open, balance and heal the Sahasrara chakra while also stimulating the liver, reproductive organs, and kidneys.
- Reclining Bound Angle (Supta Baddha Konasana) — This restorative pose stretches the hips and stimulates the kidneys and reproductive organs as it opens and balances the crown chakra.
How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes
In this 60-minute free masterclass loaded with FOUR of Jeffrey Allen’s most effective energy healing techniques, you'll learn how to tune into your spiritual energy and gain access to tools that’ll help you attract more abundance, more love, more good health and more happiness in your life (you can apply them in any aspect of your life and see instant results.) >> Get Energy Tools For Instant Results (Free 1-hour Spiritual Energy masterclass spot - Plus a 10-page workbook).
Yoga for One, Yoga for All
Incorporating a yoga routine to supplement healthy lifestyle choices is equally beneficial to your overall well-being and chakra system. Yoga postures, or asanas, help dispel negativity and blockages to promote healthy energy flow throughout your body’s energy centers. It’s important to note, when you focus on specific chakras, the health of your entire chakra system benefits.
Learn How to Heal Yourself with Energy MedicineRestoring the power of your chakras is about how you can take back control of your health and wellness by learning to work with energy.
You'll see what we mean when you join this new Masterclass with energy healer Donna Eden. You can use what you'll learn in this class to... heal yourself, create happiness, look good, and improve longevity. >> Click here to register for free!