Simple Yoga Poses For The Heart Chakra
A regular yoga practice is a great way to open and balance your heart or fourth chakra and the entire chakra system. Since the chakras are intricately linked, the opening and balancing of one chakra understandably benefits energy flow through the rest of the chakras. The heart chakra located in the center of your chest, governs your respiratory and circulatory systems, as well as the heart itself. Heart opening yoga poses, or asanas, typically involve the chest and shoulder area, as well as arching postures.
Basic Yoga Poses for the Heart Chakra
A yoga position, called an asana, is a pose designed to benefit your physical, spiritual, and emotional health. Adapted from the Sanskrit word asanam, meaning a “seated posture,” the basic asanas for the heart chakra strengthen the circulatory and cardiovascular systems.
- Cobra (Bhujangasana) — Intended to broaden the chest area through breath, cobra is a great asana for opening the heart chakra. Not only does it promote spinal strength, but it also invigorates the circulatory system.
- Cow Face (Gomukhasana) — Like cobra, cow face pose strengthens the spine and stretches the arms, shoulders, and hips opening the chest and heart chakra.
- Eagle (Garudasana) — The arm and leg positions that make up eagle pose not only build strength and balance, but also open the fourth chakra.
- Camel (Ustrasana) — This backbend asana strengthens the lower back, thighs, and legs while opening and invigorating the heart chakra.
- Fish (Matsyasana) — A tremendous pose for improving spinal flexibility and strengthening the back, you might want to use a bolster for this one. When practiced correctly, fish pose expands the chest cavity to allow the Anahata chakra room to fully open.
- Cat (Marjaryasana) — Cat pose is a great way to release back tension that may be keeping your heart chakra from opening.
- Upward-facing Dog (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana) — As it strengthens the spine, upward-facing dog also stretches the lungs and chest to open the fourth chakra.
There are numerous benefits associated with chakra yoga focused on the heart: When the fourth chakra is open and balanced, it fosters forgiveness, balances and blends the spiritual and physical, and is home to unconditional love.
How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes
In this 60-minute free masterclass loaded with FOUR of Jeffrey Allen’s most effective energy healing techniques, you'll learn how to tune into your spiritual energy and gain access to tools that’ll help you attract more abundance, more love, more good health and more happiness in your life (you can apply them in any aspect of your life and see instant results.) >> Get Energy Tools For Instant Results (Free 1-hour Spiritual Energy masterclass spot - Plus a 10-page workbook).
Learn How to Heal Yourself with Energy MedicineRestoring the power of your chakras is about how you can take back control of your health and wellness by learning to work with energy.
You'll see what we mean when you join this new Masterclass with energy healer Donna Eden. You can use what you'll learn in this class to... heal yourself, create happiness, look good, and improve longevity. >> Click here to register for free!