Simple Ways To Cope With A Kundalini Awakening
One needs to be firmly prepared in both mind and body in order to be fully embrace the transformation that comes with Kundalini awakening. There are things you can do to help with the process, so you can cope with the most common symptoms of Kundalini syndrome and experience an harmonious deployment of energy.
What happens when Kundalini awakens?
Kundalini energy remains dormant or in the state of potentiality for most of us, most of the time. When it is released, it propagates through our body, climbing up the spine. It is said that what we experience then is a “kundalini awakening.” During this activation, the energy goes up a channel called the “sushumna nadi” located along the spine, and passes through each chakra in a sequential order, from the lowest to the highest one. It is sometimes said that kundalini “pierces” the chakras in the process; let’s just day that its powerful force activates each energy center in an intense manner.
In a number of yogic traditions, when this life force and energy awakens within your body, you are led to tap into the Universal consciousness and transcend the usual confines of time and space to reach higher states of spiritual development.
Symptoms to expect during a Kundalini awakening
Kundalini awakening tends to come with the following signs:
- Tingling sensations like small electric currents throughout the whole body, in particular going from the bottom of the spine to the head, along the back
- Sensations of warmth and cold along the spine
- Vibrations in the limbs, arms and legs
- Intense heat propagating in the body, going up the spine
- Experiences of illumination or psychic perceptions (for example, mystical experiences, paranormal sensitivity)
- States of ecstasy or bliss mixed with lower depressive states
- Excitement, not being able to sleep easily
The signs of awakening kundalini are not mandatory nor are they all present during the process. Even though the complete awakening of this force tends to happen in a sudden and intense manner, the activation of kundalini can take place more progressively.