Root Chakra Stones
Healing stones are a common tool used to activate, balance and cleanse the root chakra. As the first of the seven energy centers in the body’s chakra system, the root chakra is considered most aligned with your physical energy and keeps you grounded to the earth and connected to others around you. Known as the Muladhara chakra, the root chakra is represented by the fiery red and governs your survival instinct — commonly known as your fight-or-flight response.
Stones for the Root Chakra
Here are a few healing stones frequently used to open, balance and heal the root chakra. Listed is the name, color, type of stone, and crystal meaning/purpose of each:
- Red Carnelian — Light red to orange — Semi-precious — Historically worn for strength and courage, red carnelian is used to cleanse and activate.
- Red Jasper — Earthy red — Semi-precious — Known as the “ring bringer” stone, red jasper is used to cleanse and balance.
- Bloodstone — Dark green with red spots — Semi-precious — Traditionally worn to promote self-esteem and repel negativity, it is used to cleanse and balance.
- Black Tourmaline — Black — Semi-precious — Used for spiritual grounding, this stone is good for cleansing and balancing.
- Obsidian — Black — Organic gemstone — A stone of protection, obsidian is good for cleansing and balancing.
Using Chakra Healing Stones
All healing stones and crystals possess their own meanings and vibrational energy. The key is to learn how to use healing chakra stones and pair the right stone with the affected chakra.
Cleansed and charged healing stones and gems are most effective when they’re in close proximity to the affected chakra. Commonly, they are worn as jewelry or placed directly over the chakra in need of healing. There are numerous ways to incorporate healing stones into your lifestyle and environment. For instance, you may place them around your home and office space, carry them on your person, or even wear them as jewelry.
Whenever there is a blockage in the chakra system, physical and non-physical signs manifest. However, since the root chakra is where energy is initially raised, any disruption in energy flow through the chakra makes it impossible to achieve balance in the remaining six chakras. Signs of a blocked root chakra can include:
- low blood pressure
- digestive and bowel problems
Traditional recommendations for root chakra healing include dietary changes and regular exercise. But when these steps aren’t enough, you may want to consider using the healing properties of crystals and gemstones to restore balance. As with any approach to energy healing, remember, it can take a while for symptoms to completely subside.
Want Healthier and Happier Chakras?
When properly balanced each of your 7 Chakras work together to create an optimal life. If you are like most of us your energetic ecosystem could use some help. Take this 2-minute chakra test to know which of your chakras may be the weakest.