Yoga Poses For the Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra, located in the abdomen just below the rib cage and above the sacral chakra, is the seat of your will power. Known as the Manipura, or “lustrous gem,” this energy center is associated with self-esteem and warrior energy. Governing the digestive system and metabolism, the third chakra, which is associated with the color yellow, also plays a pivotal role in the development of your transformative energy — essentially, the “umph” that propels you forward to take on life’s challenges. When the solar plexus chakra is open and balanced, you are in control of your life, namely your thoughts and emotions.
Basic Yoga Poses for the Solar Plexus Chakra
Yoga poses, when regularly practiced, are intended to benefit your overall being, from your physical to spiritual well-being and all points in between. Adopted from the Sanskrit word asanam, meaning “seated posture,” yoga poses for the solar plexus chakra help to clear blockages, but also promote the opening, healing and balancing of the third energy center.
Looking for the right yoga position to kickstart solar plexus chakra healing? Begin with repetitions of Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) to build core strength and fan the yellow warmth of energy in the third chakra. Once you begin to feel the fire in your belly, consider incorporating standing, balance, and twisted postures to benefit the solar plexus chakra, including:
- Full Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana) — Good for stimulating the kidneys and intestines, this seated position helps open and balance the third chakra.
- Firefly Pose (Tittibhasana) — This advanced arm balance asana strengthens your arms while toning your core to activate and balance the solar plexus energy center.
- Bharadvaja’s Twist (Bharadvajasana I) — This twisted, seated posture stretches and strengthens the spine and shoulders while energizing the abdominal region to open and activate the third chakra.
- Warrior 1 and 2 (Virabhadrasana I and Virabhadrasana II) — Both standing asanas stretch and strengthen the arms, legs and core while activating and balancing the third chakra.
This is life-changing material.
You can use Energy Medicine to...
- Lessen aches, pains, illness, and disease
- Create deeper happiness, satisfaction, and contentment
- Increase focus, clarity, and productivity
- Renew balance, health, harmony, and well-being
Click here to register for FREE. http://www.chakras.info/go/energy-medicine/
Yoga for One, Yoga for All
Choosing to make yoga a part of your daily routine is beneficial for body, mind, and soul. Not only do you achieve greater flexibility, strength, and stamina, but your chakra system overall gets a boost. Individual yoga postures, or asanas, are designed to target certain areas of the body, but remember when you target one energy center, all energy centers benefit.