Yoga Poses For The Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye chakra is the energy center known as the home of our “sixth sense.” Located just above and between the eyes, the sixth chakra is associated with intuition, intellect, wisdom, and psychic ability. Represented by the color indigo, which is a mix of deepest blue and violet, the Third Eye, or Ajna chakra, governs the eyes, nervous system, and sinuses. When your Third Eye chakra is open and balanced, you are able to concentrate, focus, and trust your intuition.
Basic Asanas For The Third Eye Chakra
Introduce forward bends and inversions to your practice to open and balance the Third Eye chakra. Here are some beneficial yoga poses to get you started:
- Downward-Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana) — This standing, forward bend calms the mind (and sixth chakra), stretches the calves, arms, and spine and energizes the rest of the body.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana) — A pose of respite, this position allows you to rest and focus inward to open and balance the sixth chakra.
- Supported Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana) — As you stretch your shoulders and neck in this inverted pose, the shoulderstand helps to calm the mind while opening and balancing the Third Eye.
- Standing Half Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana) — This asana strengthens the back to improve posture and stimulates energy flow through the sixth energy center.
- Big Toe (Padangusthasana) — Considered a deep forward bend, this position stretches the calves and hamstrings while stimulating and balancing the Third Eye.
- Hero (Virasana) — This seated asana helps stretch and strengthen the ankles and knees, but it’s also perfect for meditation — the ultimate workout to cleanse, open, and balance the Third Eye chakra.
Learn How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes. This simple 7-minute energy technique is an excellent way to experience the power of Energy. It will clear your #1 block and you’ll feel different right away. (Watch out for amazing synchronicities right after you do this.) In this masterclass, you'll also get to learn FOUR of Jeffrey Allen’s most effective energy healing techniques… that’ll help you attract more abundance, more love, more good health and more happiness in your life (you can apply them in any aspect of your life and see instant results.) >> Get your free Spiritual Energy masterclass spot (plus a 10-page workbook) now.
Yoga for One Chakra, Yoga for All Chakras
Introducing yoga as part of a healthy lifestyle is beneficial for mind, body, and spirit. Yoga postures, also called asanas, are designed to build the body’s stamina, strength, and flexibility. It also helps nurture the body’s energy centers, or chakras. When you incorporate poses to open and balance individual chakras, the entire, intricate chakra system benefits. As one chakra opens and builds energy, each of the remaining chakras also enjoy a boost.
Do you want to have more success and joy in your life? The best way to do this is by learning more about your name through numerology. It is a 4,000 year-old science that can help you learn the meaning of your name, because your name was no accident! All it takes is your name and date of birth, click here to get your free personalized numerology reading.