Yoga Poses For The Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye chakra is the energy center known as the home of our “sixth sense.” Located just above and between the eyes, the sixth chakra is associated with intuition, intellect, wisdom, and psychic ability. Represented by the color indigo, which is a mix of deepest blue and violet, the Third Eye, or Ajna chakra, governs the eyes, nervous system, and sinuses. When your Third Eye chakra is open and balanced, you are able to concentrate, focus, and trust your intuition.
Basic Asanas For The Third Eye Chakra
Introduce forward bends and inversions to your practice to open and balance the Third Eye chakra. Here are some beneficial yoga poses to get you started:
- Downward-Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana) — This standing, forward bend calms the mind (and sixth chakra), stretches the calves, arms, and spine and energizes the rest of the body.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana) — A pose of respite, this position allows you to rest and focus inward to open and balance the sixth chakra.
- Supported Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana) — As you stretch your shoulders and neck in this inverted pose, the shoulderstand helps to calm the mind while opening and balancing the Third Eye.
- Standing Half Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana) — This asana strengthens the back to improve posture and stimulates energy flow through the sixth energy center.
- Big Toe (Padangusthasana) — Considered a deep forward bend, this position stretches the calves and hamstrings while stimulating and balancing the Third Eye.
- Hero (Virasana) — This seated asana helps stretch and strengthen the ankles and knees, but it’s also perfect for meditation — the ultimate workout to cleanse, open, and balance the Third Eye chakra.
How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes
In this 60-minute free masterclass loaded with FOUR of Jeffrey Allen’s most effective energy healing techniques, you'll learn how to tune into your spiritual energy and gain access to tools that’ll help you attract more abundance, more love, more good health and more happiness in your life (you can apply them in any aspect of your life and see instant results.) >> Get Energy Tools For Instant Results (Free 1-hour Spiritual Energy masterclass spot - Plus a 10-page workbook).
Yoga for One Chakra, Yoga for All Chakras
Introducing yoga as part of a healthy lifestyle is beneficial for mind, body, and spirit. Yoga postures, also called asanas, are designed to build the body’s stamina, strength, and flexibility. It also helps nurture the body’s energy centers, or chakras. When you incorporate poses to open and balance individual chakras, the entire, intricate chakra system benefits. As one chakra opens and builds energy, each of the remaining chakras also enjoy a boost.
Learn How to Heal Yourself with Energy MedicineRestoring the power of your chakras is about how you can take back control of your health and wellness by learning to work with energy.
You'll see what we mean when you join this new Masterclass with energy healer Donna Eden. You can use what you'll learn in this class to... heal yourself, create happiness, look good, and improve longevity. >> Click here to register for free!