Yoga For The Throat Chakra
The throat chakra governs self-expression and your ability to communicate effectively. Known as the vishuddha chakra, the fifth chakra is associated with the mouth, thyroid, and respiratory system, namely the lungs. Symbolized by the color blue, when the throat chakra is balanced you’re confident and able to express yourself to others clearly and effectively.
Yoga for the Throat Chakra, Yoga for All Chakras
Adopting a routine yoga practice benefits not only your physical health, but also your emotional, spiritual, and psychological well-being. Postures, also known as asanas, intended to benefit individual chakras ultimately help the entire chakra system. As you open and balance one chakra, the remaining chakras thrive from the energy flow that is created.
How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes
In this 60-minute free masterclass loaded with FOUR of Jeffrey Allen’s most effective energy healing techniques, you'll learn how to tune into your spiritual energy and gain access to tools that’ll help you attract more abundance, more love, more good health and more happiness in your life (you can apply them in any aspect of your life and see instant results.) >> Get Energy Tools For Instant Results (Free 1-hour Spiritual Energy masterclass spot - Plus a 10-page workbook).
Basic Yoga Asanas For The Throat
Yoga poses, or asanas, are designed to improve the body’s strength and flexibility. Derived from the Sanskrit word, asanam, which means “seated posture,” asanas for the throat chakra help remove blockages and allow you to discover the confidence to speak your inner truth.
In order to open and foster healthy energy flow through the throat chakra, consider incorporating backbends and inversions into your practice. Here are a few to get you started:
- Fish (Matsyasana) — Not only does this pose stretch the neck, it also strengthens the neck muscles needed to balance and stimulate the throat chakra.
- Plow (Halasana) — This position stretches the spine and shoulders as it stimulates the thyroid gland and activates the fifth chakra.
- Supported Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana) — Benefiting the shoulders and neck, the supported shoulderstand is another pose that’s great for stimulating the thyroid gland and opening the vishuddha chakra.
- Upward Plank (Purvottanasana) — As you stretch your shoulders and arms in upward plank, ease your head back to dispel blockages and open the fifth chakra.
- Bridge (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana) — Stretching the spine, chest, and neck, bridge stimulates the thyroid and lungs and helps open and activate the throat chakra.
- King Pigeon (Kapotasana) — This backbend stretches the entire front of the body, including the throat. By easing your head back, you’re opening the throat chakra to allow for healthy energy flow.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana) — Considered a restorative asana, child’s pose relieves neck tension and pain, which contribute to blockages in the throat chakra.
- Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana) — Although it’s intended to strengthen the arms, legs, and spine, the supported headstand also strengthens the lungs and stimulates the throat chakra.
Learn How to Heal Yourself with Energy MedicineRestoring the power of your chakras is about how you can take back control of your health and wellness by learning to work with energy.
You'll see what we mean when you join this new Masterclass with energy healer Donna Eden. You can use what you'll learn in this class to... heal yourself, create happiness, look good, and improve longevity. >> Click here to register for free!