The pituitary’s main function is to regulate body chemistry. Located between the eyes, this pea-sized gland regulates emotion and intellect and works in partnership with the pineal gland to achieve overall balance.
Pineal Gland Chakra
Essentially, the cone-shaped pineal gland governs and (when necessary) inhibits pituitary gland function. It is the balancing of these two glands that helps facilitate the opening of the Third Eye.
Thymus Gland and the Heart Chakra
The chakra associated with the thymus gland is the Heart chakra or Anahata. It is located at the center of the chest, at the level of the collar bones. In chakra healing, it’s a useful area to regulate as it influences the state of the nervous system and helps calm agitation.
A simple technique to use to interact with the thymus gland, it to tap lightly with the tip of your fingers, either at the center of the chest at the collar bones level, or on each side about 3 to 4 inches away. The first technique calms the nervous system, the second one tends to brings the level of energy up.
Chakras and Organs
In addition to each chakra governing one of the seven glands, keep in mind there are major organs that are also affected. Here is a list of each chakra and the organs it influences:
- Root — Testes, kidneys, spine
- Sacral– Bladder, prostate, ovaries, kidneys, gall bladder, bowel, spleen
- Solar Plexus — Intestines, pancreas, liver, bladder, stomach, upper spine
- Heart — Heart, lungs
- Throat — Bronchial tubes, vocal cords, respiratory system, all areas of the mouth, including tongue and esophagus.
- Third Eye — Eyes, pituitary and pineal glands, brain
- Crown — Spinal cord and brain stem
Chakra Healing and Glands
If you want to lead your chakra healing work at the physical level, endocrine glands are useful reference points. They represent a connection between the energetic nature of the chakras and the physical and physiological functions of the body.
Note that another useful entry point in balancing the energy body is the nervous system and its multiple nexi, most of them associated with glands and organs. To prepare a healing session, it can be useful to relax and balance the nervous system and then target a gland or a specific region of the body.
We can regulate the function of the chakras through breathing exercises, meditation, relaxation techniques, but also diet and exercise. By acting at the physical level, we support chakra functions are multiple levels, not only physically, but also psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually. By working on one chakra, we also affect the entire chakra system’s balance.
References & Quotes
- Cyndi Dale. The Complete Book of Chakra Healing: Activate the Transformative Power of Your Energy Centers
- Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda. The Hidden Power in Humans – Chakras and Kundalini
- Patricia Mercier. The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Chakra Energy