Organization of the 12 Chakra System
Working on the assertion you are already familiar with what a chakra is and the basic seven energy centers, let’s focus on the remaining five introduced in the 12 chakra system. Similar to the format of standard spiritual chakra charts, each one of the five additional chakra possesses their own location, color, and function.
The traditional chakra colors follow the spectrum of the rainbow, while the extended system may add colors associated with metals or other elements. Among them are gold, platinum, and a combination of colors that are sometimes referred to as “opalescence” or “iridescence” for the highest frequencies.
The 8th and 9th chakras are generally represented above the head, and the 10th chakra slightly under the ground. However, we can find descriptions of the twelve chakra system locating the 8th chakra underground and the remaining higher energy centers above the crown.
To sum it up, the number of additional chakras is the same, but the order in which they are presented is slightly different. Below is a presentation of the two main series of 12 chakras with a slight variation where the 8th chakra is interchanged with the 10th chakra between the first and second system.
12 Chakra Chart #1
The position of chakra #8 et #9 above the crown chakra is a fairly common representation of the higher chakras. The following chakra chart contains 12 energy centers and locates the “underground” earth chakra in 10th position.
- 8th chakra – Located slightly above the crown chakra, about 1 inch above it. With the 8th chakra, we enter realms transcending space and time. This energy center is said to open access to parallel universes and lives; it gives access to the realm of the Akashic records and the sphere of potentialities in the making. It is a useful center for shamanic healing and communication with spirit guides.
- 9th chakra – Located further above the crown chakra, the 9th chakra is said to be the “seat of the soul.” It allows access to your soul’s code or higher purpose. It can be seen as the door to archetypal energies or patterns that play an important role in shaping our destiny.
- 10th chakra – Located about a foot and a half below the surface of the ground. It ensures our connection with the earth. Because it works primarily with the energies of the earth, it is very physical in nature. It participates to our physical well-being and connects us to the grounding energies of the earth and our environment. Just like the first (or root) chakra, it is useful to heal any bone and bone marrow-related issues. It can also play a role in any DNA-reltated or hereditary issues.
- 11th chakra – Located outside of the human body, it is said to be accessible through the hands and feet. It makes up and energy field that connects of human sphere of influence to the supernatural. Shamans can use this chakra’s dimension to produce magic and influence the physical with supernatural powers. The 11th chakra emphasizes the mind as a powerful tool to shape matter.
- 12th chakra – Located on the outskirts of the 12-chakra system, it allows us to stretch beyond our common sphere of understanding into universal unity with all that is. It is said that it’s the chakra of mastery of the soul’s purpose through our human existence.
12 Chakra Chart #2
The second 12 chakra chart we present will include the following centers:
- Earth chakra — (8th) — Located roughly three feet below into the earth at your feet. — Brown — No matter where you are, the earth chakra keeps you grounded. This chakra anchor harnesses all the pieces of the human puzzle, from DNA to bone and blood. NOTE: Depending on individual interpretation of chakra study, the location of the 8th chakra varies, but its function as grounding chakra epicenter is the same. Additional locations range form between the heart and throat chakras to just above the crown chakra. Another interpretation states the human aura is the 8th chakra; conglomeration of all chakra energy.
- Lunar chakra — (9th) — Located just above the (7th) sahasrara chakra or crown chakra. — Silver or white — The ninth chakra links you to the energies of the moon. It is the main hub for karmic understanding and channeling that governs intelligence, communication with spirit guides, and funnels information about incarnations.
- Solar chakra — (10th) — Resides above the ninth chakra. — Gold — Associated with masculine energy, the solar chakra governs your ability to live your dreams. This chakra helps you to focus your will to remove blockages and give your existence purpose.
- Galactic chakra — (11th) — Located just above the solar chakra. — Mixture of violet, gold and silver — Considered a channel for prophecy, the 11th chakra governs your ability to transcend space and time and allows you to access the Akashic Records, also referred to as the Universe’s cosmic “Book of Life.”
- Universal chakra — (12th) — Located above the galactic chakra. — Multi-faceted, multi-colored orbs of light — Known as the chakra of Universal Consciousness, the 12th chakra allows you to transcend the mundane to reach Enlightenment and commune with the Divine.
References On The 12 Chakras
- Cyndi Dale, “Advanced Chakra Wisdom”
Lizzy is editor in chief of Chakra Magazine and chakras.info. She is trained in several energy healing modalities including Reiki and Healing Touch. In addition she has spent many years studying ancient traditions such as the chakra system and Tibetan spirituality. She merges this knowledge with her passion for sharing information through journalism. Her mission is to offer accurate, up-to-date, reliable resources about topics that matter to readers with regards to the chakra systems.