Last Updated on
Crown Chakra Yoga Poses
The crown chakra resides at the top of the head. Associated with spiritualism and enlightenment, the crown, or seventh, chakra links individual consciousness with universal consciousness. Also known as the Sahasrara chakra, it is represented by a 1,000-petal lotus and the colors violet and white. Sahasrara governs your intuition, connection to the spiritual, and links you to the universal life force energy. When the crown chakra is balanced, you are thoughtful, open-minded, and feel at ease and in harmony with the world around you.
Basic Yoga Poses For The Crown Chakra
All yoga asanas improve your body’s flexibility, stamina, and strength. Originating from the Sanskrit word asanam, meaning “seated posture,” asanas for the Sahasrara chakra nurture your connection to the universal life force that flows through all of creation.
Although meditation is widely considered the best yoga practice for opening and balancing the crown chakra, there are several asanas that help boost healing of the seventh chakra.
To open and balance the crown chakra, introduce inverted, seated, and restorative yoga poses. Here are some examples of beneficial yoga postures for the Sahasrara chakra:
- Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana) — This advanced pose nourishes the head with oxygen and blood to help open, balance, and soothe the crown chakra.
- Plow (Halasana) — As this inverted position stretches the spine and shoulders, it helps soothe and balance the seventh chakra.
- Supported Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana) — Good for toning the lower part of the body, this inversion helps alleviate depression while balancing and calming the crown chakra.
- Lotus (Padmasana) — The seated Lotus pose stimulates the spine and core while balancing and calming the seventh chakra.
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana) — By stretching the spine and shoulders, this seated posture helps open, balance and heal the Sahasrara chakra while also stimulating the liver, reproductive organs, and kidneys.
- Reclining Bound Angle (Supta Baddha Konasana) — This restorative pose stretches the hips and stimulates the kidneys and reproductive organs as it opens and balances the crown chakra.
Make every cell in your body awaken and rejoice!
Most of us have energetic blocks and imbalances as well as energy-sabotaging habits that prevent us from accessing our full vitality, which leads us to feel exhausted, scattered, dull… even ill.
The good news is that doesn’t have to continue! Bestselling author and world-renowned expert on chakras, Anodea Judith, will reveal the secret to optimizing your energy system, during a free virtual event hosted by The Shift Network: Supercharge Your Chakra Practice: How to Heal Your Energy Centers & Unleash the Full Power of Your Life Force.
We hope to “see” you there! It’s FREE to attend and you will receive a recording if you can’t listen live. >> SUPERCHARGE YOUR CHAKRAS NOW.
Yoga for One, Yoga for All
Incorporating a yoga routine to supplement healthy lifestyle choices is equally beneficial to your overall well-being and chakra system. Yoga postures, or asanas, help dispel negativity and blockages to promote healthy energy flow throughout your body’s energy centers. It’s important to note, when you focus on specific chakras, the health of your entire chakra system benefits.
Lizzy is editor in chief of Chakra Magazine and chakras.info. She is trained in several energy healing modalities including Reiki and Healing Touch. In addition she has spent many years studying ancient traditions such as the chakra system and Tibetan spirituality. She merges this knowledge with her passion for sharing information through journalism. Her mission is to offer accurate, up-to-date, reliable resources about topics that matter to readers with regards to the chakra systems.
Do you want to have more success and joy in your life? The best way to do this is by learning more about your name through numerology. It is a 4,000 year-old science that can help you learn the meaning of your name, because your name was no accident! All it takes is your name and date of birth, click here to get your free personalized numerology reading.