The premise of working with chakra stones or crystals is that each stone has the purpose of magnifying or balancing the energy center you’re focusing on. In order to choose a healing crystal, you have to look at several stone attributes, including its energetic quality, color, and the intuitive or personal resonance you have with it.
List of chakra stones
Each chakra is typically associated with one or several stones. Here’s a list to help you chose your healing crystal depending on the energy center you’re focusing on.
- Root chakra stones: Bloodstone, Tiger’s Eye, Hematite, Fire Agate, Black Tourmaline
- Sacral chakra stones: Citrine, Carnelian, Moonstone, Coral
- Solar Plexus chakra stones: Malachite, Calcite, Citrine, Topaz
- Heart chakra stones: Rose Quartz, Jade, Green Calcite, Green Tourmaline
- Throat chakra stones: Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, Aquamarine
- Third eye chakra stones: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Black Obsidian
- Crown chakra stones: Selenite, Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Diamond
Most of us have energetic blocks and imbalances as well as energy-sabotaging habits that prevent us from accessing our full vitality, which leads us to feel exhausted, scattered, dull… even ill.
The good news is that doesn’t have to continue! Bestselling author and world-renowned expert on chakras, Anodea Judith, will reveal the secret to optimizing your energy system, during a free virtual event hosted by The Shift Network: Supercharge Your Chakra Practice: How to Heal Your Energy Centers & Unleash the Full Power of Your Life Force.
We hope to “see” you there! It’s FREE to attend and you will receive a recording if you can’t listen live. >> SUPERCHARGE YOUR CHAKRAS NOW.
Healing Properties of Stones
Here’s a short list of the main chakra stones listed in alphabetical order and their healing properties.
- Agate (Fire Agate)
- Aligns the etheric body with the physical body
- Assists in staying grounded
- Intensifies passion and emotions
- Stimulates the root chakra
- Helpful for conditions of the bowels and sexual organs
- Facilitates meditation
- Helps communication with ones guides and angles
- Helps to understand the root cause of ones imbalance or disease
- Helps reveal self destructive patterns of the ego
- Helps those who feel they are not native to planet earth
- Used to heal addictive behavior patterns
- Helps with clarity of mind
- Enhances creativity
- Increases clarity of thought
- Magnifies power of will and manifestation
- Enables one to open to the energy of the divine
- Assists in overcoming difficulty and adversity
- Enhances physical stamina and energy
- Supports endocrine system and proper metabolism
- Builds confidence, courage, passion and power
- Assists in taking action
- Helps to overcome fear of taking action
- Helps to detoxify and purify the body from bad habits such as alcohol or drugs
- Calcite (Orange Calcite)
- Brings solar energy to ones body and energy field
- Helps with shyness or social phobias
- Can assist in overcoming depression
- Good for the endocrine system and hormonal balance
- Access to divine energies
- Facilitates connection with higher domains
- Promotes truth and vision
- Used to clear energy fields
- Can help remove density in the emotional body
- Used as support stone for other minerals
- Clears confusion and cluttered thoughts
- Assists in thinking clearly
- Brings structure and focus to incoherent energies
- Can remedy confusion, instability and dishonesty
- Balances brain chemistry
- Helpful with dizziness and vertigo
- Strengthens bones and teeth
- Harmonizes and balances the heart chakra
- Aids in emotional and physical well being
- Attracts abundance and prosperity
- Strengthens energy systems
- Lapis Lazuli
- Helps to discover ones inner divine nature
- Activates psychic centers at the third eye
- Clears energy systems of the body
- Assists in connecting with the gods
- Invokes divine inspiration
- Used in meditation and past life regression
- Enhances intuition
- Initiates kundalini energy
- Promotes clairvoyance
- Evokes patience and appropriate action
- Helps sort ones emotions
- Can attune one to the moons energy
- Helps stabilize female cycles
- Obsidian (Black Obsidian)
- Eliminates ones negative energies
- Cleanses the auric field
- Good for grounding
- Cleanses negative emotional patterns
- Removes blockages in the meridian system
- Quartz (Clear Quartz)
- Amplifies energy
- Has memory and is programmable
- Brings heightened spiritual awareness
- Opens chakras
- Expands consciousness
- Used to communicate with guides
- Encourages clarity
- Amplifies psychic abilities
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Growth of hair and fingernails
- Quartz (Rose Quartz)
- Heals the heart
- Reawakens trust
- Releases tension and stress
- Dispels fear and suspicion
- Calms the mind
- Assists in releasing worry, fear, anxiety and past emotional trauma
- Helps balance physical heart
- Opens and activates the third eye, crown chakra and Soul Star
- Cleanses the auric field
- Clears congested energies
- Lifts awareness to higher planes
- Compels one to move forward in life
- Helps remove stagnation
- Tiger’s Eye
- Stimulates root, sex & solar plexus chakras
- Assists in taking effective action
- Activates the intellect and sharpens logic
- Energizes the body
- Teaches balance between polarities
- Supports general vitality
- Strengthens the endocrine system
- Tourmaline (Black Tourmaline)
- Used for psychic protection
- Clears auric field
- Helps regulate the electrical and energetic systems of the body
- Helps disengage from obsessive and compulsive behaviors
- Helps purify the body of toxins
- Supports cleansing of heavy metals
- Protection from evil
- Increases wealth
- Stimulates throat chakra
- Helps balance mood and emotions
- Heightens emotional intelligence
- Promotes self-forgiveness, self-acceptance, and release of regrets
- Helps oxygenate the blood
- Increases prana
How Do Healing Stones Work?
Chakra stones are used to activate, balance, or amplify the energy of the chakras. Crystal healing is based on the belief that stones or crystals have a natural healing frequency that can be activated to contribute to moving or balancing energy around them. In the case of chakra stones, the vibrational signature of each crystal corresponds or resonates with specific energy centers.
You may use intention and intuition to activate the healing power of the stones. Active imagination or visualizations could help in accessing the space in which you can use stones or crystals in combination with chakra healing.
Energy is channeled and magnified through the crystal. It then affects or enters in resonance with the vibration or frequency of the chakra you’re focusing on.
How To Choose The Right Chakra Stone?
First, you can check the set of stones typically associated with each chakra. Note that the chakras can have several stones and you will need to determine which one works best for you and in which circumstance.
You may also use your intuition or intuitive perception to pick your healing stone. For that, use the intuitive sense or senses that are most developed for you. You may look at stones and see which ones are most appropriate because of their glow. You may feel the energy of the stone by hovering over it with your hand and feeling a tingling or heating sensation. Or you may just know which one to choose when you need it.
Chakra Stone Jewelry
If you’re wearing a healing stone as jewelry, you may consider a stone that supports your overall energy or fits a specific intention. The crystal could have a physical healing purpose, reflect emotional or spiritual aspirations – or you may just be attracted to a color that resonates with you that day. Remember that the stone power is increased by the clarity of your intention. So make sure you choose carefully.
Our recommendation is to use a type of string or mounting piece that does not interfere with the stone healing power. Neutral materials, such as thin ropes, leather, or pure metals, such as silver or gold are good options.
Wearing chakra stone jewelry around your neck or as bracelet is a statement both for yourself and for others. Stones are powerful amplifiers and may radiate or attract energy both in and out through their natural qualities, symbolic and cultural meanings, as well as the personal affinities you have with them.
Using Stones For Healing The Chakras
There are many ways to use chakra stones for healing. Once you’ve chosen the stone you want to use, place it near or on the chakra location on the body. A laying down position is easier for working with crystals. However, you may use a stone while you’re standing or sitting by simply holding it in your hands or wearing it as jewelry on a pendent, in your pocket to keep it close to your body.
Focus on activating the resonance between the stone and your chakras with the power of your intention, meditation, or simply relax knowing you have the support of your chakra stone to harmonize frequencies.
Don’t forget to cleanse or recharge your stones before and after using them. For that, there are many methods including leaving them under water or salt water for a little while (use caution with salt water as some crystals are sensitive to it), leaving them under the sun or the moon light for the day or the night, smudging them with sage, burying them in the soil for an extended period of time for more intense regeneration.
Lizzy is editor in chief of Chakra Magazine and chakras.info. She is trained in several energy healing modalities including Reiki and Healing Touch. In addition she has spent many years studying ancient traditions such as the chakra system and Tibetan spirituality. She merges this knowledge with her passion for sharing information through journalism. Her mission is to offer accurate, up-to-date, reliable resources about topics that matter to readers with regards to the chakra systems.
Want Healthier and Happier Chakras?
When properly balanced each of your 7 Chakras work together to create an optimal life. If you are like most of us your energetic ecosystem could use some help. Take this 2-minute chakra test to know which of your chakras may be the weakest.