The Earth Chakras
Earth chakras are physical locations super-charged with energy that help to keep the planet and all life on it in balance. Depending on who you ask, there are more than 150 recognized earth chakras located within and on the surface the earth — from deep within the sea and rocks to mountain tops and valleys. These postive and negative energy vortices can offer feminine-, masculine- or neutral-based energy.
7 Chakras of the Earth
For millenia the earth has been revered as the giver of life, as “Mother Earth.” So it only makes sense that the seven major chakras of the earth correspond to the seven recognized human chakras; like mirrored traits shared between a mother and child.
Our chakras stretch from the base of the spine to the crown of the head and are connected through a current of power that flows between them. Similarly, earth chakras, or energy vortices, are connected via a web of ley lines that create an energy field.
To help you visualize, imagine the layout of earth chakras and vortices as an intricate, electrical circuit board with lines, intersections and pathways all linking one earth chakra or vortex to the next.
Most of us have energetic blocks and imbalances as well as energy-sabotaging habits that prevent us from accessing our full vitality, which leads us to feel exhausted, scattered, dull… even ill.
The good news is that doesn’t have to continue! Bestselling author and world-renowned expert on chakras, Anodea Judith, will reveal the secret to optimizing your energy system, during a free virtual event hosted by The Shift Network: Supercharge Your Chakra Practice: How to Heal Your Energy Centers & Unleash the Full Power of Your Life Force.
We hope to “see” you there! It’s FREE to attend and you will receive a recording if you can’t listen live. >> SUPERCHARGE YOUR CHAKRAS NOW.
Where Are Earth Chakras Located?
There are seven major locations that are widely accepted as high energy spots on earth. According to the earth chakras map, here is each location, its chakra correspondence and a brief description.
- Mt. Shasta, California in the United States – 1st chakra (root) – Considered the energy “base”; the primal source of universal life force and regulates the flow of energy from the earth to life forms, including humans.
- Lake Titicaca, traverses the border between Bolivia and Peru – 2nd chakra (sacral) – Often represented by serpent imagery, it’s located in the midst of multiple ley lines and is where primal energy takes form and matures.
- Ayers Rock, also known as Uluru, Australia – 3rd chakra (solar plexus) – Uluru is representative of the emotional solar plexus and depicted as the “umbilical chord” supplying energy to all living things.
- Shaftesbury, Dorset and Glastonbury, Somerset, England – 4th chakra (heart)—These locations share the designation of being the center of the earth’s heart and are known for their intense energy production.
- The Great Pyramids, Middle East – 5th chakra (throat) – Positioned between Mt. Sinai and Mt. Olives, this chakra is the “voice of the Earth.”
- Aeon activation currently located in Glastonbury, England – 6th chakra (pineal gland or Third Eye) – A transitory site that opens energy portals and facilitates the flow of dimensional energy from one realm to another. Similar to the function of the human pineal gland, this earth chakra falls outside the ley line realm and only stays in a single location for 150 to 200 years.
- Mt. Kailas, Tibet – 7th chakra (crown) – Located in the Himalayas, the sacred mountain is the center of the earth’s crown chakra and helps individuals find their footing on their spiritual journey and connect with the Divine.
Function of the Earth Chakras
Just as our chakras help to keep us balanced emotionally, physically, psychologically, and spiritually, earth chakras are essential to transmiting energy, and keeping all life grounded and healthy.
Lizzy is editor in chief of Chakra Magazine and chakras.info. She is trained in several energy healing modalities including Reiki and Healing Touch. In addition she has spent many years studying ancient traditions such as the chakra system and Tibetan spirituality. She merges this knowledge with her passion for sharing information through journalism. Her mission is to offer accurate, up-to-date, reliable resources about topics that matter to readers with regards to the chakra systems.
Want Healthier and Happier Chakras?
When properly balanced each of your 7 Chakras work together to create an optimal life. If you are like most of us your energetic ecosystem could use some help. Take this 2-minute chakra test to know which of your chakras may be the weakest.